Key Account Manager – Fleet
Sydney, AustraliaApply now
Key Account Manager – Fleet
We are Polestar. We are detail obsessed, performance focused and determined to make the most advanced and exciting electric cars the world has ever seen. We blaze our own trail, one without compromise. We don’t believe in shortcuts, we innovate constantly and we are relentless in our pursuit of the best. We’re expanding, and we need people who share our vision and want to be part of something different.
Let us describe the challenge we offer
In this role the primary responsibility is to focus on driving the Fleet business and its expansion beyond our current customer base, and with the aim on meeting the sales targets. You will oversee planning and implementing sales activities in key accounts and small & medium fleet sales, and secure long-term partnerships. This relationship and contract management will be with new and existing corporate customers, contract partners and leasing companies to maximise sales performance. As an active part of the Fleet team, involving high visibility within the Organization, the Key Account Manager – Fleet will lead by example and work closely with stakeholders from fellow teams (OtD, Network, Customer Care, Finance) to ensure the order process is progressed accurately and within timescales and KPIs set.
The office is based in Sydney, Australia and as such the successful candidate must be within a reasonable travel time.
What you'll do
This will include, but not be limited to:
- Responsible for reaching the fleet targets, on both order intake and deliveries
- Acquisition of new and support of existing national and international fleet customers
- Support the inquiries and tender requests from fleet customers
- Qualification and management of prospective customers and / or deals
- Lead, follow-up and support of enquiries and tender requests from fleet customers
- Oversee the entire fleet order-to-delivery and fleet customer owner journey, including invoicing and payment tracking
- Develop fleet framework proposals for management validation and approval, and implement agreements
- Direct supervision of Key Global Accounts, Fleet Management Organisations, and other fleet relevant stakeholders
- Support developing and improving processes through regular exchange of best practices with fellow teams in other markets
- Support the Australian platform in market activation fleet events
- The Key Account Manager reports to the Commercial Manager – Fleet & Business and Pre-Owned.
Who you are
You are a person who have a fascination for car sales and electric mobility, paired with a clear future vision. You are a person who possess excellent communication and documentation skills at different levels. You have the ability to work in a constantly changing environment and enjoy the flexibility. You are independent and can organize and prioritize your own work tasks in a responsible way and have the mindset for continuous improvement and detail-orientation and good analytic skills. You are enterprising and you get energy from networking with people and finding solutions.
Required Experience / Qualifications:
You are driven, committed, with proven experience in Fleet & Business in the automotive industry. Strong knowledge of fleet operations and a Bachelor’s Degree (Business degree or equivalent is preferred). Master’s Degree and global experience is a plus.
- Sales acumen, as well as practical experience in working with B2B / leasing in the automotive industry, ideally as Key Account Manager
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Experience with Sales Force (or similar account / sales management systems) is a key advantage
- Advanced skills in Excel and Powerpoint
- Good attention to detail, and high degree of independent thinking and analytical skills
- Proactive and engaging, customer oriented
- Solution oriented and inquisitive - with the ability to analyse problems and explore possible solutions and outcomes
People at Polestar
We know that a change is needed. We also know that each one of us can help bring about that change. Our commitment to becoming climate-neutral by 2040 is just as important to us as being inclusive, diverse, and innovative. Together, we are creating, collaborating and experimenting to usher in a new era of sustainable mobility.
We are an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in.
Is this you? If you are interested in joining the Polestar family, don't wait with submitting your application. We apply a continuous selection process and the job post will be open until the position is filled.
Are you ready for the journey? Which is electric by the way...