Space Manager / Store Manager, Sydney
Sydney, AustraliaApply now
Space Manager / Store Manager, Sydney
We are Polestar. We are detail obsessed, performance focused and determined to make the most advanced and exciting electric cars the world has ever seen. We blaze our own trail, one without compromise. We don’t believe in shortcuts. We innovate constantly and we are relentless in our pursuit of the best. We’re expanding, and we need people who share our vision and want to be part of something different.
Let us describe the challenge we offer
Polestar has a new take on automotive retail, unlike conventional car dealerships or showrooms, Polestar Spaces are carefully designed, unique retail environments. Our Spaces are centrally located, staffed with product specialists, and echoing the design language of everything Polestar. The Space Manager in Sydney will lead the Space team to consistently deliver an educational, immersive, and exciting experience to all our current and future customers. The Space team constitute Polestar’s front line and are our brand advocates, supporting our mission by creating memorable experiences for our visitors.
What you’ll do
As a Space Manager, you will make sure that visitors get inspiration and support to learn about Polestar from the moment they walk into the Space. We have created one of the most innovative vehicles ever made, and you will help deliver an equally innovative and unforgettable customer experience. You will also:
- Coordinate, manage and provide direction to the Space team
- Ensure that the team are providing tailored experiences based on our customers’ specific agenda or requirements
- Schedule test drives and follow up on customers by walking them through the purchasing process
- Act as a role model of Polestar’s culture and behaviors
- Inspire and coach the team to create the energy and excitement around Polestar offers, including vehicle, financing solutions, service etc.
- Motivating the Space team to meet company objectives by training and mentoring staff.
- Drive commercial KPI & maintain a healthy sales pipeline by leading the Space team to achieve their goals
- Lead by example by providing excellent customer experience in both Test Drives and Handovers
- Roster the Space team, assign duties and responsibilities and drive operational efficiency
- Be responsible for overseeing the Space Team booking-in vehicle handovers
- Communication of key information to team members
- Drive the Space Team to provide excellent service to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Be adaptive and implement business improvement processes.
- Ensure Space team’s training are all up to date and equipped with industry knowledge.
- Recruiting and training new staff.
- Responding to customer complaints and concerns
- Other tasks assigned by manager.
Who you are
As a person, you are curious, creative and enthusiastic. You have a customer-centric mindset, strong communication skills, and an empathetic instinct which allows you to understand the needs of people around you. You are full of energy, self-motivated and make things happen – never settling for just the status quo. As a leader, you are supportive of your team and are happy to provide a high level of support for team members to drive change and development. You provide guidance and communicate clearly to maintain a trusting environment and bring out the best in the team.
To be successful in this role you will have a great eagerness to learn and passion for the Polestar brand, our dedication to design, and our commitment to sustainability. Experience in the automotive industry is not mandatory for this role, but we expect you to have:
- Minimum two years’ experience in a client-oriented retail environment
- At least two years’ experience in a leadership or people management role
- Additional experience working in retail environments with strong branded experiences, drama, public-speaking, teaching, retail sales, event-planning or customer care will also be positively considered
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
This role will require a valid driving license, an acceptable safe driving record, and the ability to work evenings and weekends.
People at Polestar
We know that a change is needed. We also know that each one of us can help bring about that change. Our commitment to becoming climate-neutral by 2040 is just as important to us as being inclusive, diverse, and innovative. Together, we are creating, collaborating and experimenting to usher in a new era of sustainable mobility.
We are an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in.
Is this you? If you are interested in joining the Polestar family, don't wait with submitting your application. We apply a continuous selection process and the job post will be open until the position is filled.
Are you ready for the journey? Which is electric by the way...